This title reminds me of Toby Keith's song...."wanna talk about me, wanna talk about I, wanna talk about ......) Anywhoooo.... :)
Welcome to First Grade Friendly Froggies! If your just finding me, welcome! I hope you'll become a follower and check back often. Let me introduce myself with 10 fun things..
- My name is Susan Efseaff. I'm a First Grade Teacher in Northern California! This is my 16th year teaching! I've taught K-3, but First Grade has my heart! I love the Firsties!
Me and my Mac!!
- I'm originally from Texas, so I am a Texan, but I've lived in California for the past 23 years. I realized earlier this year that I have now lived in each state half of my life! I'm not sure how I feel about that, yet. I love both! My father, brother, sister and all the kinfolk still live in Texas.
- I moved to California after college graduation, met my husband, got married, had 4 kids and the rest is history! Ha!
- My oldest daughter is starting college this fall and my younger 3 are triplets and are starting 8th grade! We are taking my daughter to her dorm next weekend for move-in day...we are all dreading it...we will miss her so much. I love how close my girls have become over the past 13 years. I know we'll see my oldest often. She will only be 3 hours away and will be playing Volleyball so we'll see lots of games!
|This is my oldest on the left! She is a ham in front of the camera!|
OK, that's a little of my personal background.
5. Now school...I work at an Independent Charter School in Northern California. I've worked there since it's 3rd year in existence! I'm one of the "old timers" at this point! Since we are a charter, we have lots of flexibility in choosing curriculum, preparing lessons, presenting lessons and curriculum design. We also have our own School Board and two teacher board members, of which I am one.
6. I've worked with most of the staff members for 10 years or more with very little turn over. My staff is truly my extended family. I'm so fortunate to love the people I work with on a daily basis. Our parent community is extremely involved and supportive. I'm looking forward to this next year and finding out who my new firsties will be! I can't believe I haven't seen my class list yet!
7. This year I am looking forward to a few changes. My teaching partners and I are going to dive into teaching the Daily 5! We have tried it in the past, but are committed to making it work this year and are going to be there to support each other!
8. Also, I love teaching with technology and this year I got this "bad boy" installed my room...a 60inch flat screen television!
Don't look at the rest of the room...it's in progress!
9. Now I need an apple tv and I'm set! I can't wait to demonstrate apps for the kiddos and then have them come up and show off to class. The opportunities are endless and I'm excited to learn! This is another area where I'm so thankful for my teaching partners! We will be there to help each other learn and teach with technology!
10. This is my late night helper...I love her sooooo much. No really, it's kinda ridiculous!
Ok, that's me in a nutshell...until tomorrow!