Sunday

Ch.ch.ch...changes!



Changes

I am so excited about some plans I have for my blog...I can't give anything away yet, but you will not want to miss it!


Olympic Love

On another topic, are you L.O.V.I.N.G. the Olympics?  I watched the Opening Ceremonies three times!  It was so incredible!  The dancers and the music were fantastic.

I am usually all about figure skating...and this year I'm watching it all!  I love the snowboarding!  It's so amazing how far those athletes "fly" through the air and then land so gracefully!  Amazing!  I'm enjoying my On Demand feature on cable.  I feel like I'm able to see so much more of the actual events because I can watch it when I have time!


I made this cute little game to help my students practice their sight words while enjoying an Olympic Theme!

Antarctic Adventure Day...Part 1 and Part 2


This week my little firsties will finish up our unit on Penguins!  Friday was supposed to be our "culminating" celebration, but Antarctic Adventure Day turned into Antarctic Adventure Day part 1!
Tomorrow, my students will finish up some of the fun activities that we ran out of time to complete on Friday.  I'm glad my teaching team is flexible!

These kiddos are using their "scientific identification"
charts to identify penguins!

Some of these were pretty tricky!  They really had to look at the coloration of each species. 

We also measured ourselves to see if we are taller than an Emperor Penguin!  


 Tomorrow we will begin drawing our life size penguins.

Here's what they looked like last year:




I love the way the turn out...each one so unique!



Valentine's Day

Of course, I'll also be getting ready for Valentine's Day!  We have a four day week this week so we will celebrate on Thursday with our Friendship Party!  Here is a Valentine Themed Freebie for your math centers this week:

Just click on the picture to download!

I'll be using these in my literacy and math centers this week:

 Click on the picture to check out my newest centers for Valentine's Day!

And last but not least, I am participating in a couple of giveaways this month!  You'll definitely want to check these out!
Here is the first one:


and a Spring Into Learning Giveaway over at
  Teach2Love will go live later this month!  Stay tuned!


Have a great week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment