Monday

Holidays are for resting?

My school had Friday and today off for President's Day!  Friday was a day of rest, for sure! I enjoyed spending time at home with  my girls relaxing.  Saturday we drove to see my DD who's in college and spread some Valentine's Day love to her and her roomies!  We, also, went to see 2 Oscar nominated movies (Whiplash and Birdman) so we will be ready for the big night.  Yesterday, we took care of a few things around the house, including making homemade cookies (that are not on my diet).
But have your ever had a day when you can't believe how much you accomplished!  Today was one of those days for me! I'm still catching my breath... today...my holiday from work (lol)...

I...

  • met the dishwasher repairman at the door this morning with a smile and was thrilled when he fixed the problem for free!
  • loaded the working dishwasher and ran several cycles to sanitize.
  • made chocolate chip pancakes for my girls.
  • went to the Dentist for myself :).
  • went to Starbucks.
  • washed load after load of laundry...lost count for real!
  • folded and put away loads of laundry!
  • washed the sheets for two beds and remade.
  • shopped for a partial week...I'm leaving tomorrow.
  • ran kids to and from activities.
  • got the car washed and vacuumed (I'm driving a group of teachers to airport tomorrow.)
  • went to Starbucks...again.
  • picked up prescriptions.
  • packed for my trip.
  • cooked dinner.
  • watched my youngest at gymnastics (while holding my breath during every back hand spring).
  • watched a little tv with my girls before bed.
and, 
  • cuddled with my dog...she'll miss me!
This week is going to be A.W.E.S.O.M.E.  I'm getting so excited for a Professional Development opportunity this week.  My school is part of grant that is allowing 13 teachers, including Käri and myself, to participate in a residency progam at High Tech High in San Diego!  I'm so excited to see how this amazing school implements Project Based Learning in the primary grades! The training is specific for our school!!  We'll spend Wed-Friday there and we leave TOMORROW!  Now read that list above again and you'll understand the excitement! It's a working vacation!!

Follow us on Instagram, http://instagram.com/friendlyfroggies/,  for some fun pics from San Diego!  


No comments:

Post a Comment