Thursday

Don't Forget!

Here is a little tip for the beginning of the school year!

So you know all of those little things we need to "remember to remind" our parents and students about every day?  Well, I don't know about you, but I ALWAYS forget!   Have you ever felt like this?

I used to feel like this!  


Well, two years ago I discovered the COOLEST app EVER!  I'm not kidding!  I was a little leary of using it, but I've taken the Technology Bull by the horns and by golly...I am becoming pretty darn techy!  This little app is FREE and has made my life as a teacher easier!

Maybe you've already heard of it....

Remind 101 (I think they changed the name to just Remind) is great!  This little app allows you to "REMIND" parents about important events at school (plays, spirit days, field trips, homework projects, etc.) in a user friendly format.  

Your phone number is not shared with the parents and their number is not shared with you!  They simply join your group and then you have access to send out a mass reminder!  These are some examples from a year ago!
This was my last message of the year!  

I really did forget to tell the kiddos that we would have pajama day the day after open house!  They were thrilled!  Maybe forgetting sometimes is a good idea!?

I don't send them often, so when the parents get one they really do READ them!
Now, if your little kiddos are like mine, no matter how many times I model how to use a glue stick and how to replace the lid, we end up with "dead" glue sticks!  This was my favorite reminder that I sent out to the parents!  When they came to pick up their kiddos that afternoon, 3 parents arrived with bags of glue sticks!  I was set for a long while!  (I've since switched to "glue sponges," but that's another story!)



Last year at Back to School Night, I gave all of my parents the sign up information and most of the parents were signed up before they left my room that night!  So now it's your turn!  Click on the picture and make an account.  It's free!  Do it now so you can become familar with all the features and get your "code" to have for Back to School Night!    
Click on this picture and sign up!  You'll be so happy you did!


I just had to throw in this picture so you can sing or hum this little tune to "remind yourself" to download this app!


No comments:

Post a Comment