I am so excited! I have been nominated by two bloggers for the Liebster Blog Award! This is an award for new bloggers with under 200 followers! I am happy to accept and nominate 11other bloggers in turn! This is a pay it forward type award!
As a recipient, I must:
1. Post 11 random things about myself.
2. Answer 11 questions that the nominators ask of me.
3. Create 11 questions for the people I nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them to my post!
11 Random things about me:1. I am most proud of my role as mother. I have four daughters; they all share the same birthday, three are triplets and they were born on their older sister's birthday!
2. I love to scrapbook, but haven't gotten to enjoy my hobby in a long time!
3. I grew up in Texas.
4. I graduated from Texas A&M....I'm an Aggie!
5. I've lived in California for 22 years but still consider Texas "my home."
6. I had 30 cats at one time during my childhood...our cats all gave birth at once!
7. I love animals and currently have a chihuahua mix, 2 bunnies, a bearded dragon and 3 fire-bellied toads living in our home!
8. My oldest daughter is about to graduate from high school! YIKES!
9. I love coffee. I am a regular at Starbucks! I have a Keurig coffee maker that I use constantly! I even have one for my classroom.
10. I'm a night owl! I love being up late when the house is qu
11. I love dolphins and whales and had the opportunity to swim with Belugas! It was awesome!
11 questions to answer about myself. Here goes... !
The Collaboration Cuties asked:
1. Sweet or salty (personality and favorite snack)?
- I definitely prefer sweet, but I'm trying to cut back on them...the holidays don't make it easy! Personality-I'd say sweet!
- I started blogging to share ideas with other teachers! I love my job and love getting ideas from others. Blogging is such a great way to connect with other teachers across the country and world!
- I am trying to incorporate more technology into my teaching. We just received iPads this year and I ordered a projector. I like using it, but this is a learning year for me.
- How can I pick one? Any Skippy Jon Jones because I love reading with a Spanish accent! I also love all of Jan Brett's books because there are so many teachable components from the illustrations to the way she gathers background information for her stories.
- People with a negative attitude!
- Strength: Compassionate
- Weakness: organization
7. What's your favorite subject to teach?
- There are 3 teachers at each grade level in primary. We have built in collaboration time every afternoon right after the kiddos are dismissed. My biggest tip is to treat collaboration time like any other meeting. Have an objective for the meeting and stay focussed!
- Both! I really prefer to eat at home, so take out is sometimes preferred to eating out on busy nights!
- Fun, flexible, hands on
Kinderaffe Kindergarten asked:
1. How long have you been teaching?
- 15 fun-filled years
2. What is your favorite holiday to teach/prepare lessons for?
- Christmas Around the World because the kids get so excited and it really keeps their attention focused during the weeks before vacation.
3. Where is the farthest place you have traveled to visit?
- I have traveled to Mexico and Puerto Rico when I was younger, but as an adult Washington D.C.
4. What teaching tool can you not live without?
5. How long does it take you to get to school every day?
- I have a really long "10 MINUTE" commute! That's the beauty of a small community!
6. How many grades have you taught?
- I have taught K-3
7. How do you like to spend your free time?
- I love being with my daughters, scrapbooking, reading, and visiting with friends.
8. Will you make New Year's Resolutions? Share one?
- Yes! Over the last year, I lost 48 pounds. This year, I want to keep it off and not slip into old eating patterns. I also hope to incorporate exercise into my routine this year.
9. What is the best thing about the grade you teach?
- I teach first grade! The best thing about first grade is the growth that they make from beginning to end of the year. It is amazing how most of them come into first grade barely knowing 30 sight words and when they leave first grade, they are reading chapter books!
10. Do you work during the summer?
- HA! Good one! Don't we all! I feel like I'm always working on school, whether it's creating games, laminating or reading.
11. What made you decide to start your blog?
- I learn so much from reading blogs and want to share ideas with others. It is a great way to connect and meet teachers from around the country and world!
And now for my nominees: (I'll keep adding to my list....)
As a recipient, you must:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominators ask of you and link back to them.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them to your post!
Please Answer these questions:
- What is your own education background?
- Do you shop on TPT? If so, what is your favorite product you have found on TPT?
- Where are you from? Where do you live now?
- How many students are in your class? What is the average class size in your district?
- What is your favorite tool to use in the classroom?
- How do you handle "show and tell" in your classroom?
- Do you give "rewards" in your classroom?
- How would you describe your classroom management style?
- What grades have you taught?
- What's the last book you read for pleasure?
- What are your hobbies?
It's really hard to find newer blogs too! I'll add to my post as I find more newer bloggers!