Wednesday

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!

Sorry, it's been awhile!  I did make it back from Alaska!  It was amazing and I absolutely loved it!  I can't wait to go back for longer than 36 hours.  My daughter has yet to make a decision so I can't report anything there, but I don't regret a minute of my trip!  I feel like I should start a blog about being the mother of a high school senior...it is busy and very unpredictable!

On the school front, my first graders are exploring the rainforest!  This is another of my favorite units to teach.  The possibilities are endless.  We start at the top and work our way down to the forest floor.
We learn the characteristics of each layer and the animals that live in each layer.  I am mad at myself for not taking pictures!  Today I will take some to post!  We leave on a field trip this morning to our local gem:  The Barry R Kirschner Wildlife Foundation!  This is an amazing place.  Take a look!

If you are looking for some Rainforest Themed Goodies, here is what we are doing during literacy and math tubs:

 




I'll post pictures from our field trip today!  Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment