Wednesday

Blog hop, a freebie and a Frenzy...Oh my!

Wow!  I have lots going on this week.  Actually feeling a bit overwhelmed!  The good news is my students are doing well and it's almost time to start assessing for report cards.  I still love the Daily 5!  Once the kiddos learned the routines, I started working with students one on one and in small groups.   Now, with report card assessments looming, I'm excited about how the Daily 5 will make this easier!

Since I'm in California, we won't be fully implementing the CCSS until 2014-15.  My school, however, is implementing this year.  This makes report cards a little tricky.  We are teaching CCSS, but using last year's report card.  We can explain that easy enough at parent conferences, but now we have to develop new assessments.  That is what my teaching partners and myself have been working on.  But we all agree, the other kiddos will be engaged with their Daily 5 sessions.

Today, I introduced this great management idea from teacher to the core!  My kids were so excited to earn points.  I've put my own spin on it.  We earn one "bouncy ball eyeball" for every 5 points.  This helps us practice counting by 5s and the eyeballs are an awesome incentive!

This is a fabulous freebie right now!

I'm so excited for this weekend!  The October Facebook Frenzy begins Friday!  You will not want to miss this.  There are sooooo many awesome Freebies.  This Frenzy gets bigger every month!  Stock up on Free Fall Freebies!


Don't forget about the blog hop going on right now, too!  The blog hop ends this weekend, so if you haven't hopped through these awesome blogs and grabbed your freebies, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?  :)  Click the picture below and get started!




No comments:

Post a Comment