Friday

I'm Back!

Wow!  It's been a while.  I looked at the date of my last post and can't believe it has been so long.

It has been a busy first few weeks of school for sure.  I have a very "lively" group this year with a few "special" kiddos that are going to need lots of my attention.  I'm also working with my teaching partners to fully implement the Daily 5 in our classrooms.

So far, we are LOVING the Daily 5!  We call it STAR time which goes with our yearlong theme, Reaching for the Stars.  Each point of the star is one of the Daily 5.  It actually works out well.  We are on Day 17 of implementing.  I am super excited about how well my kiddos are doing with it!  I love being able to pull kids one at a time or a few at a time to assess, read with, talk with, WHATEVER!  It's awesome.  I am also appreciating my time!  I don't feel like I have to teach the same lesson four times like I did before.  I teach mini-lessons to the whole class.  This way of teaching is SO MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE!  I feel like I'm getting to know my students in a much more personal way!

I've been busy working on some Word Work activities for my students, too.  I'll share those with you as soon as there ready!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment