Tuesday

It's Working!

Today was the day!  We put it all in motion!  They did it!  The DAILY 5 works!!!  My firsties did it all for the first time...all 5 at the same time!  It was beautiful.  The only glitch was...wait for it...technology!  I love it and it's my nemesis! None of my headphones worked, the iPads didn't have the write app ready to go...you know, Monday problems!  Well, the kids worked so well at their spots that I was able to help the iPad group without interruptions!  Amazing!

Working on Writing

Reading to Self

Working With Words

Reading with Someone (EEKK)


Listen to Reading

After a great morning of Daily 5 (STAR Time), we went to lunch and came back in for Math Tubs!  We did a mini lesson about writing equations.  We reviewed the addition and equal sign.  Then we completed a page from Renee's Fall themed, Cut, Do & Glue! This is a great packet, check it out!

Then my students, once again, worked independently in Math Tubs, while I worked with small groups and partners.

Math Tubs



Math Tubs - Roll, Add, Color

Math Tubs - working with Tangrams



Geoboards
 Finally, last Friday, we read Office Buckle and Gloria!  Then we did the CUTEST direct drawing of Office Buckle and wrote our own safety tips for school.  Aren't these pictures adorable?  I love kid art!

Officer Buckle - Direct Draw and Safety tips


Do not play in the car.  Safety tip #8!

Thanks for hopping by!  I'll be back later this week with a surprise product I've been working on!



1 comment:

  1. What a cute class! They look so independent :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    I'm your newest follower :)
    Miss M
    The Fabulous First Grade

    ReplyDelete