Thursday

Five Penguins for Friday!

I'm linking up with Kacey over at Doodlebugs Teaching for her Five for Friday!  I don't often do one of these, but I'm so ready for Friday this week, it just seemed natural!  :)



Today we celebrated Antarctic Adventure Day!   This is the culmination of our big unit learning about Penguins!  I love how into the study our kiddos were this year.  They really learned so much!  So here are my Five for Friday...Penguin style!


We played penguin scoot!  It's more math than penguins, but they loved it!



We waddled like Penguins...at first they "cheated" a little, soooo to keep them honest, we had the kids hold a ball between their knees!  This created a true waddle...the relays were much more fair!





Our A.M.A.Z.I.N.G art teacher taught the kiddos how to draw a penguin using only 2 lines!  It was something to watch!  I envy her talent..and that of my firsties!





I hope I'm not the only one late to this party, but did you know about all of the online / digital resources available through Scholastic News?  O.M.G.  Not only is the paper copy available as a digital copy to project and read aloud together, but it has imbedded videos and interactive games for the kids to play!  My kiddos had so much fun!  You can even access "archived" issues from years ago!  Very cool resource I am happy to have discovered!


 And last, but not least...one more amazing piece of artwork!  This was a collage piece presented to the students by the amazing art teacher...the kids had so much fun designing their penguins...princesses, chefs, football players!  So much fun and individuality!

Well that's it for me and T.G.I.F.!  I am so happy for the weekend!  Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment