Sunday

Computer Woes and a Freebie!

I have been without my computer for about a week!  It was a little unsettling to be without it, but also a little freeing!  But I am happy, happy, happy to have it back!

When last I blogged, we were learning about Polar Bears!  We then learned about the unique adaptations of cetaceans, specifically the orca, narwhal and beluga whales.  The kiddos loved learning about these amazing animals.  Friday, we finished our week with an in depth look at the beautiful snowy owl!  We made these cute art projects to finish up the day!

This week we are finishing up our polar animal unit this week!  I saved my favorite for last...penguins!ith a quick recap of Friday's snowy owl characteristics and then we will move into a comparison with penguins!


I have a quick Freebie to share and then it's off to lesson planning for my busy week!   I love teaching kids about all of the unique adaptations and characteristics of these amazing birds!  The life cycle of the Emperor Penguin is so interesting.




I created some sequencing cards and a coordinating cut and paste worksheet for my students.  I hope you can use this, too.  Click on the picture above to download this Freebie!

Part of next week's plans involve the 100th day celebration at our school!  We have been working hard on place value, 10 more and 10 less!  We use this everyday during our calendar time!  My students have gotten so good at adding 10 more and subtracting 10 less!  This week we will add another activity to our routine!  



This is a fun movement math activity I'm using this week and I'm putting it on sale in my store for the next few days!  If you want to take a look, click on the picture!







Enjoy your first week of February!




No comments:

Post a Comment