Monday

Comparing Numbers!


 I'm busy planning for the week after Spring Break...that's right...I'm on Spring Break!  Woohoo!  I need a break from the classroom to take care of some things around the house and spend some quality time with my sweet girls!

We have been comparing numbers and working on greater than, less than and equal!   After Spring Break, we'll continue comparing numbers and practice balancing equations.  This is the balance I use to let the kids build equations.  They can see the results right in front of them.  It is very concrete and provides a great visual for students.


Then we do some independent practice in our math tubs!

Students use flower manipulatives (Dollar Store!) and number cards to build the balanced equations 5+0=2+3.


This is part of my Bunny Balancing Math Unit. 






Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment