Sunday

Tech Support!

I'm linking up with Fern Smith's blog to share some technology tips from the classroom!  I'm lucky enough to have 2 student computers and 3 iPads in my classroom this year.  I integrate this technology into my daily station rotation.  Every day, students rotate through the technology center and either alternate days using the computer or iPad.  The iPads are loaded with educational apps and the students choose what they want to work on.  The computers are set up with Lexia Learning!  I monitor all of my student's progress throughout the week and they are so excited to share their successes when they pass a level.

Well, using technology is great...until....the server is down, the mouse breaks, the battery dies, the headphone jack breaks, hmmm, there are so many other scenarios, but back to my point!  Since I am teaching reading groups at the same time students are at technology, I don't want the kiddos to interrupt my group.  Therefore, I have one child assigned too be "Tech Support!"  This is a classroom job, just like my"messenger".  It makes sense, the students know more about technology than I do anyway! Ha!

Don't forget to check out Fern's blog for more technology tips!  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What a cool idea! My aspergers kids would covet that job in a gen Ed class. I will have to remember its thanks.

    Chris
    Autism Classroom News

    ReplyDelete