Wednesday

Reaching for the Stars!


Lights, Camera, Action!  

Well, I've been non-existent in the blogging world...but busy in my classroom!  School started for me this week!  Here is the finished product of hours (days) of hard work before the kiddos arrived for the new year!
Yearlong Theme Board with 8 components for the year!
Each year we choose a school-wide yearlong theme to keep our entire student body unified and focused on academic goals.  It is amazing how our staff works together K-8 to share ideas for every aspect of the school and classroom. I love this year's theme!  First grade is approaching the theme, "Reaching for the Stars", from the movie angle.  So we have lots  "catchy" titles in classroom!

The "HollyWORD" Wall
"Meet the Cast" - I'll replace the stars with first day of school pics!
$ dollar store finds to house our "Popcorn" word work tubs!
"A Star is Born" - Birthdays (A work in progress)
Classroom Library
My new "director's" chair.
Action!

That's a quick tour!  I'll post more about my new little group soon!  They are so sweet and little!  I am always amazed how little my firsties are at the beginning of the year.  I've got a sweet little group with a good mixture of "chatty!  This week we are practicing procedures....a LOT!

I'm exhausted and heading to bed...so I'm bringing down the "curtain" on this day!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment